Find answers to the most commonly asked questions related to Brad’s graduate admissions. Not seeing answers related to your question? For questions not answered below, please reach out to us by submitting a request for more information.
How do I start my application?
What are the application due dates?
When will I receive my admissions decision?
Do I need to complete two applications for a dual degree?
Yes. You must apply to, and be admitted to, both programs you’re applying for (MS/MBA, MS/MAT, MS/MEd, MS/JD).
Can I submit my application if my references haven’t submitted their recommendation?
Yes. Please remind your references that their letter is needed, but we can begin processing your application while we await the letter.
How much is the Application Fee?
How can I get my application fee waived?
Attend one of our many events where we share information about the graduate programs or schedule a call with our Admissions Director today!
How do I apply for financial aid?
Are there any Center for Environmental Policy scholarships available?
Yes, Bard CEP offers financial assistance in the form of fellowships, scholarships, student employment, and student loans. Full information on types of financial aid options available can be found here.
Does the Bard MBA offer financial aid? What opportunities are available?
Are there student employment opportunities?
Yes! We have a wide variety of student employment opportunities ranging from TA and RA positions to working with our marketing, sustainability, and leadership teams. Read more here.
Are GRE/GMAT scores required as part of the application?
Do I qualify for a GRE/GMAT waiver?
The Bard GPS Admissions Office no longer requires the submission of GRE/GMAT scores.
I know that GRE/GMAT scores are not required, but will submitting scores strengthen my application?
Are there prerequisites for the Bard Graduate Programs in Sustainability?
Yes. Each program has different prerequisite requirements. Students DO NOT have take these prerequisite courses in order to apply and be admitted to our programs. Admitted students who have not completed the prerequisites will be offered conditional acceptance and will need to complete the courses prior to enrollment.
A grade of B- or higher in prerequisite courses is required to enroll in our programs. The required courses for each program can be found below:
- The M.S. degrees require students to have completed two science courses intended for science majors (biology, chemistry, ecology, etc.). Students who have not completed these courses must complete them at another institution, as they are not provided by the Bard Graduate Programs in Sustainability.
- The M.Ed. degree requires students to have completed two science courses intended for science majors (biology, chemistry, ecology, etc.) and college-level algebra (or higher-level math). Students who have not completed these courses must complete them at another institution, as they are not provided by the Bard Graduate Programs in Sustainability.
- The MBA degree requires students to have completed introductory accounting and microeconomics courses. Students who have not completed these courses at the time of acceptance will take the courses through Bard MBA via online summer courses taught by Bard faculty.
Is proof of English proficiency required for non-native English speakers.
How do I send my official transcript to the Bard CEP/MBA Admissions Office?
Are digital transcripts accepted?
Yes, you can have the issuing institution send official digital transcripts to email@example.com.
Do non-English transcripts need to be translated to English?
How do I know if my application materials have been received?
How do I track my application status?
I have been admitted to the program — what next?
- If you applied for financial aid, you will receive your financial aid notification within a week of your admission decision.
- You will be invited to attend an Admitted Students Reception to meet other applicants as well as students and alumni of the programs.
- You will be asked to reply to our offer of admission within one month. To accept admission, you will need to complete the reply forms outlined in your letter and pay the enrollment deposit of $515.
- Once you accept the offer of admission, our Program Team will be contact with next steps for enrollment.
Does Bard offer deferred enrollment?
I’ve been placed on the waitlist. What are my next steps?
If I am denied admission, when will I be able to reapply to the program?
Can I come visit even during COVID?
How do I schedule a call?
What types of jobs do your alumni land upon graduation?
Do you offer concentrations and electives?
- In the MBA program, we offer 2 optional concentrations — Circular Value Chain Management and Impact Finance.
- In the M.S. and M.Ed. programs, the students define their concentrations via the 4-6 months professional internship and Capstone Project.
How do I know what program is right for me?
Are international applicants eligible for admission to these programs?
Am I qualified to apply to the Bard Graduate Programs in Sustainability?
What kind of student is Bard looking for?
How big are classes?
Still have questions?
We love to chat one-on-one with aspiring change agents. Our team is happy to schedule a call to discuss your sustainability career goals and tell you more about our various programs. We can also get you connected with an alum, professor, or student doing work you are interested in learning more about.